Lake Como has a few sporting clubs that provide a variety of watersports for you to try; windsurfing, kite-surfing, sailing and catamaran. Many sports enthusiasts visit each year to sign up for these courses and with the famous winds that are known to consistently sweep up and down the lake; il tivano and la breva, you can be sure to see many windsurfers and kite-surfers out and about.
These watersports schools normally cater for beginners to advanced level and often provide a taster session before asking you to sign up for the full course (please ask about this before booking any courses).
Many of the watersports take place in the northern part of the Lake where the majority of the campsites are located. To give you an idea of what is on offer as well as prices please see the following example;
1) The Dynamic Sporting Club Vercana (village of Vercana is approx 2km from Domaso)
- A minimum of two people needed for any of the courses.
- Windsurfing: Daily 4 hours (€65), Weekend 6 hours (€110), Weekend 15 hours (€255)
- Kite-surfing: Tester session (€50), Basic Course of 4 lessons (€200), Lift service (€25)
- Sailing: Daily 4 hours (€55), Weekend 6 hours (€85), Weekend 15 hours (€180)
- Catamaran: Daily 4 hours (€55), Weekend 6 hours (€85), Weekend 15 hours (€180)
Prices may vary slightly depending on which sporting club you opt to use.
Please see the map below for the location (and some info) on other sporting clubs/windsurfing schools in Lake Como.
LAKE COMO WATERSPORTS